QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit. Primarily made for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), it offers a wide range of features to streamline financial management tasks, including these seven. Stay with us.
QuickBooks simplifies accounting processes by automating transactions, tracking income and expenses, and generating various financial reports.
Create and send professional invoices to customers, track invoice status, and accept online payments.
Manage business expenses by tracking receipts, categorizing expenses, and generating expense reports.
Process payroll for employees, including calculating taxes, deductions, and direct deposits.
Connect your bank accounts to QuickBooks to automatically import transactions and reconcile your accounts.
Generate a variety of financial reports to gain insights into your business’s financial performance.
7) Tax preparation
QuickBooks can help you prepare for tax season by organizing your financial data and providing tax forms.
This software offers various versions tailored to specific business needs, including QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, and QuickBooks Payroll. Each version has its own strengths and limitations, so it’s essential to choose the one that best suits your business requirements.
How To Apply Credit Memo To Invoice In QuickBooks Online
A credit memo is a document that is issued to a customer to reduce their outstanding balance. Credit memos can be issued for a variety of reasons, such as returns, discounts, or price adjustments.
In QuickBooks Online, you can apply a credit memo to an invoice to reduce the amount that the customer owes. You can apply a credit memo automatically or manually.
How to Apply a Credit Memo Automatically
- Go to Settings > Account and Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the automation section, click Edit.
- Select Automatically apply credits.
- Click Save, then Done.
With this feature turned on, QuickBooks will automatically apply credit memos to customers’ balances or open invoices.
How to Apply a Credit Memo Manually
- Go to + New > Receive Payment.
- Select the customer.
- In the Outstanding Transactions section, select the open invoice you want to apply the credit memo to.
- In the Credits section, select the credit memos you want to apply.
- For the open invoice in the Payment column, enter how much of the credit you want to apply.
- Leave the payment method, reference number, deposit to, and amount received fields blank.
- Click Save.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
- You can only apply credit memos to invoices that are open.
- You cannot apply more credit to an invoice than the amount of the invoice.
- If you apply a credit memo to an invoice that has been paid, the credit memo will be applied to the next open invoice for that customer.
How To Delete A Deposit In QuickBooks
Deleting a deposit in QuickBooks can be done in two ways: voiding or deleting.
Voiding a deposit reverses the transaction and removes it from your bank register, but it leaves a record of the transaction in your system. This is useful if you need to track the deposit for auditing purposes.
To void a deposit:
- Go to the banking menu and select Use Register.
- Select the bank account where the deposit was made.
- Locate the deposit you want to void and double-click on it.
- Click on the Edit menu and select Void Deposit.
- Click Save and Close.
Deleting a deposit removes it from your bank register and your system completely. This is useful if you made an error in recording the deposit and don’t need to track it anymore.
To delete a deposit:
- Go to the Lists menu and select Chart of Accounts.
- Double-click on the Undeposited Funds account.
- Locate the deposit you want to delete and right-click on it.
- Select Delete Payment or Delete Deposit.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
Please note that you can only delete deposits that have not been reconciled. If you have reconciled the deposit, you will need to void it instead.
Which Statement Is True About Payment Links In QuickBooks Online?
Payment links can be used anytime a client wants to sell a product to a customer.
This statement is false. Payment links are specifically designed to request payment for existing invoices. They cannot be used to collect payments for new products or services.
Here are some other true statements about payment links in QuickBooks Online:
- Payment links allow customers to pay via PayPal or Venmo.
- You can use payment links to send a request for payment on an existing invoice.
- Payment links never expire and can be used repeatedly with different customers.
- Payment links can only be used when a client has an active QuickBooks Payments account.